Laundry housekeeper with a minimum of four (4) years of housekeeping and laundry experience in a hospitality company or related sector.
- Minimum Qualification:Vocational
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Perform all housekeeping duties, as necessary, including cleaning rooms and amenities, and replacing dirty bed linens.
- Operate washing machines to wash bed linens, guest’s clothing and other fabrics.
- Iron or press articles, fabrics, and furs using a hand iron or pressing machine.
- Sort and count articles removed from the dryer and fold, wrap, or hang items for airing out pickup, or delivery.
- Pre-soak, sterilize, scrub, spot-clean, and dry contaminated or stained articles, using neutralizer solutions and portable machines.
- Wash, dry clean, or glaze delicate articles or fur garment linings by hand, using a mild detergent or dry cleaning solutions.
- Start washer, dry cleaner, drier, or extractor, and turn valves or levers to regulate and monitor cleaning or drying operations.
- Load articles as directed into a washer or the dry cleaning machine.
- Remove, as directed, items from the washer or dry cleaning machine and into the extractor or tumbler.
- Tend to a variety of automatic machines that comb and polish furs; clean, sterilize, and fluff feathers and blankets; and roll and package towels.
- Mix and add detergents, dyes, bleach, starch, and other solutions and chemicals to clean, colour, dry, or stiffen articles.