- Lead hazard identification and sites safety campaigns
- Ensure that site HSE files are up to date
- Enforce all HSE rules across sites with guidance from HSE Manager
- Ensure that method statements and risk assessments are obtained for all jobs on GPSN sites and appropriate permits are obtained, filed, and displayed for all relevant jobs.
- Inspect all tools before allowing them on sites
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions across sites to the HSE Manager by updating the Hazard register on a weekly basis
- Conduct weekly HSE meetings on sites
- Ensure that contractor documentation is up to date
- Provide leadership for the site emergency response team
- Perform other duties as may be delegated from time to time by the HSE Manager
- Conduct weekly meetings with the drivers
- Perform site toolbox talks and lead pre-task discussions and inspections.
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise:
- Good knowledge of the power industry in Nigeria especially the generation sector
- Self-starter happy to take initiative and a hands-on approach
- Good hazard identification and risk assessment skills
- Good people management skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Diversity and ethical behavior
- Attention to detail, organization, and time management skills Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Must possess HND or BSc in related discipline
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Qualified HSE Officer with a minimum of 3 years cognate experience
- Must be a member of ISPON, IOSH, ASSP, or any other professional body
- Should possess NEBOSH IGC
Deadline: July 14, 2021.