Develops strategic communications programs designed to engender understanding and support among key constituencies for Wigwe University and its goals. Works closely with senior leadership team to build the brand and communications strategy as an emerging and rapidly growing, Africa innovative university with our unique advantage as a global player
- Minimum Qualification: MBA / MSc
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 8 years
- Design, develop and deploy a strategic, goal-based, data-driven Public Relations/Communications/ Master plan /Strategy in alignment with the University's vision, mission, and goals
- Lead the process of annual Public Relations agenda setting and PR stakeholder engagement
- Provide leadership to the Communications (Public Relations) unit to formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the University’s communications and shape public perception
- Provide visionary and operational leadership in communication strategy for student recruitment, enrollment, financial aid, and new student transition through initiatives that are contemporary, on-brand message, relevant, and serve to provide greater visibility of the university to prospective students
- Ensure quality communication across the University that is in alignment with the University Communication strategy
- Provide advice to the leadership team on the development of communication policies and public relations
- Responds to questions and requests from media, the public, and the community, including for critical and sensitive matters
- Offers counsel and guidelines to colleagues for dealing with the media, and provides coaching in public speaking as necessary
- Create all internal and external communications strategies to maintain Wigwe as a future-thinking institution among staff
- Participates in the design of major milestone events and reunions to engage noteworthy alumni, donors, and prospects; works with events- and programs staff to operationalize and produce appropriate materials
- Initiates positive and proactive relationships with both internal and external constituents of the University as well as people in government.
- Collaborates with the CMO on developing and implementing engagement strategy; serves as a final approver on editorial content and creative work produced by the team for the University
- Ensure the effective use of digital and other approaches to disseminating information and advice that is timely and relevant to the Wigwe University community
- Provide advice and guidance to managers, staff, students, and visitors
- Deliver presentations to communicate information across the Faculty and the University
- Building a sustainable culture of excellence
- Attend meetings to report on information/data
- Produce reports, process documentation, and publicity
- Collaborate with colleagues within the Faculty, Students’ Union, central student support services, and other areas of the University to promote good practice in the provision of effective communication support services
- Ensures dissemination of information in the right format to the right people at the right time, builds relationships and contacts to facilitate future exchange of information
- Keep up-to-date with external
developments and practices relating to enhancing the student experience and draw
on student feedback in order to inform the future development of this area of
- Master’s degree in related field desired (Bachelor’s degree required)
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible higher education communications/ public relations experience in an enrolment management environment or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the management of multiple complex projects and deliver them on time and on budget. This includes working with program budgets
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and experience writing for multiple mediums
- Depth of experience in multi-platform message development, data analysis, and strategic public relations and communications development.
- Experience in leveraging new technologies to maximize student engagement
- Proven commitment to diversity and success in working with diverse constituencies (preferably both domestic and international) to support an equitable and inclusive campus environment
- Experience supervising and leading a team of part- and full-time employees
- Sound editorial experience, including writing for the web.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.