We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to oversee all activities of the accounting and tax accounting within the group and be involved in the supervision and management of general accounting activities, analyses, and the maintenance of effective internal controls while ensuring statutory compliance in all accounting initiatives.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:8 years
- Preparation and presentation of Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Group financial statements.
- Preparation of Financial forecasts and Budgets for the Group (Production budget, financial budget, cash budgets, etc.)
- Set and enforce realistic targets for each subsidiary Company in the Group.
- Preparation of standard and acceptable Standard Level Agreements (SLA) that support transfer pricing policies between the companies within the Group.
- Overseeing daily accounting and finance functions of all the subsidiaries within the Group.
- Prepare and report Weekly Group liquidity updates.
- Prepare and report Weekly Group financial obligation updates.
- Maintaining a strong corporate relationship with financial institutions.
- Develop a low-risk investment framework for investment application of excess liquidity for relevant value creation.
- Carry out all treasury functions for the Group.
- Providing all relevant financial advice for all projects within the Group.
- Review from time to time all account and finance functions for all the Accounts staff in all the subsidiaries.
- Liaise with the subsidiary's External Auditors, Account Consultants, Tax consultants, etc.
- Draw up an Audit exercise calendar for each of the subsidiaries.
- Review and implement group projects as well as secure low-cost funds for the execution.
- Prepare a bankable feasibility report that will assist the Group or any of its subsidiaries to obtain funding from the banks, CBN, International donor agencies, foreign investors, AFDB, and Federal government intervention funds.
- Develop a business plan for the Group business.
- Develop internal and external training modules and programs calendar with their budget for the finance and account staff of the Group and Subsidiaries.
- Constantly reviewing all account package use in the account operation of the subsidiaries.
- Analyze and prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly performance reports for the board and board committees.
- Any other financial duty that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Ensuring all statutory renditions within the group are remitted in line with the statutory deadline. (VAT, PAYE, PENSION, WHT).
- Corporate filing/submission of all financial returns with the group. (FIRS, LIRS, CBN, CAC, etc.)
- Attending to all tax-related issues with the relevant statutory bodies.
- Attending to all audit management letters.
- Providing audited accounts of all the subsidiaries to the Legal department for filling with the CAC.
- Drawing up audit exercise programs for the group.
- Monitor and update financial infrastructure to keep pace with changing needs, such as compliance issues, reporting requirements, tax, and accounting issues, insurance requirements, etc.
- Any other Statutory duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management
- Implementation of controls within the Group.
- Monitoring of all implementation controls.
- Scrutinizing all payment documentation before final approval.
- Monthly group tax compliance updates.
- Making sure all bank charges are in line with the agreed rate.
- Constantly review the Group financials in line with relevant standards.
- Implementing and monitoring weekly cash check schedules for supervisors and managers.
- Ensuring compliance with professional accounting standards, rules, regulations, and laws by directing, supervising, and facilitating the preparation and maintenance of required and appropriate financial records, monthly and annual financial reports, and all other financial reporting as may be required by federal, state, local agencies, or established accounting standards.
- Any other Compliance duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure strict compliance with the Staff Hand Book.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations.
- Ensure the smooth running of tools and equipment.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new materials with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities, and tradespersons (e.g electricians).
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning, etc.).
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
- Enforce and manage the procurement function of the company.
- Any other Administrative duties that will be assigned from time to time by the Management
- Minimum academic qualification of B.sc /HND in (Accounting)
- Must be a certified Chartered Accountant
- Master's degree in an added advantage
- Hands-on experience in Banking, Manufacturing, and Hospitality.
- Minimum of 8yrs of work experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
Remuneration: NGN 400,000 (Negotiable)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.