- Advise on suitable seismic measurement and data-processing techniques.
- Design seismic data acquisition plans and interpret seismic data to create maps.
- Measure reservoir volumes from available data.
- Assess potential oil and gas yield.
- Compile charts, reports and management presentations.
- Provide a range of geophysical support and technical advice and guidance within the business.
- Use a range of specialist Geo sciences technical software, analytical tools, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Report any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management.
- Actively participate in and promote company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and always ensure personal safety and that of colleagues.
- Degree in geology, geophysics, geochemistry petroleum engineering
- Masters in any of the above fields is an added advantage
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an oil/gas exploration or production environment
- Good knowledge of Geo sciences data and Information Systems
- Very good knowledge of databases and data models