We are searching for an attentive, dexterous Furniture & Cabinet maker/Installer to oversee the creation of cabinetry and its Installation from start to finish. To this end, you will be responsible for handpicking the most suitable materials, constructing the cabinets, then applying appropriate finishes. You should ensure adherence to our stylistic and technical requirements at all times.
- Minimum Qualification:Vocational
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
- Select the appropriate materials, fittings, and tools for each task.
- Cutting resources down to size, as needed.
- Planning an effective approach to work to ensure that each project is completed on time.
- Creating standard and custom components of cabinets.
- Gathering the elements of each cabinet and assembling the final product.
- Applying sealant, varnish, and paint to cabinets, if required.
- Inspect each completed item to ensure that it has been constructed accurately, and that the necessary finishes have been applied.
- Repairing elements of cabinets that have been sent in for servicing.
- Wearing the requisite uniform and taking necessary precautions to remain safe.
- Advising on appropriate care for finished products upon request.
- Successful completion of vocational school or technical college or apprenticeship program; OR at least three years of experience via on-the-job training required.
- High school diploma
- Completion of a training program or apprenticeship will be advantageous.
- Prior experience as a Cabinet Maker, with a portfolio of completed works.
- The ability to visualize spaces to create appropriate furniture.
- Good arithmetic skills.
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing workmanship.
- Physical fitness, including ease of movement and the capacity to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Innovation/creativity (Ability to think outside the box)
- Attention to details
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Strong work ethics
- Leadership attributes
- Strong written and personal communications skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong quantitative skills
- Highly dependable, very organized, able to work independently
Remuneration: NGN 70,000 - 120,000 depending on qualifications and Experience.