We are looking for a passionate and professional Finance Manager in our Finance team who will coordinate the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and intercompany accounts payable, to facilitate payment when due and ensure the validity of all supplier invoices before authorization for payment and appropriate reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
- Manage the Accounts Payable function in DCP, Obajana Plant.
- Analyze and maintain Accounts Payable performance metrics, service relationships, and communications across departments in DCP.
- Supervise the review of supplier invoices and supporting documents against the invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities for prompt resolution.
- Provide appropriate responses to suppliers’ queries/ issues and escalate unresolved issues to the Financial Controller, as required.
- Supervise and ensure reconciliation of suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Recommend updates to existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
- Ensure an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/ vendors.
- Ensure accurate aging reports of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
- Oversee a comprehensive record of all approved invoices, bills, and payment supports.
- Review staff advance requests and ensure requisitions are duly authorized by relevant department/ unit heads.
- Hiring, training, motivating and evaluating accounts payable staff members.
- Overseeing routine department activities to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial, employee, and client records.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting financial information to management and government agencies.
- Provide assistance in resolving queries and preparation of cost center reports for plant profit center
- Reconcile various asset and liability accounts on a monthly basis for the plant profit center.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives.
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing budgets, policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date records of invoices and staff advance/ retirement documentation.
- Review periodic activity reports for the attention of the Financial Controller including information on outstanding payments to suppliers, approved invoices, etc.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Financial Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or related discipline.
- Relevant professional accounting qualifications such as. ACA, ACCA, etc.
- Minimum of 10 – 12 years of relevant work experience.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Ability to gather, collate and analyze information/ data effectively and efficiently.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal relationships and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
- Career Development
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.