- Bachelors degree in design or fine arts, or college degree in fashion design or related field.
- 5+ years of design experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
- Availability to travel for research and product development.
- Ability to do sketches by hand.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- You must have a good eye for details, colors and patterns as they would come in handy on a day-to-day basis.
Fashion Design Assistant Job Description
- Provide both creative and practical support to the creative director by pooling ideas.
- Work with existing and new customers on new ideas, concepts, and designs.
- Perform extensive market trend research to understand competitive opportunities.
- Assist creative director throughout the product development procedure.
- Provide support by assisting in photo-shoots and fashion shows.
- Handle draping and pattern-making activities.
- Create prototypes of designs to show clients what the end product will look like.
- Make-certain that designs are ready in time for delivery or pick up.
- Managing the design process from conception through to final styling.
- Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
- Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to the line, and create new concepts.
- Ensuring product is in agreement with business strategy.
- Selecting fabrics and trims.
- Creating production sketches for development packages.
- Reviewing product for style and fit during the presentation