We are looking for an editor-in-chief to be responsible for managing the production of all content for the publication. The responsibilities of an editor-in-chief include reviewing articles and photographs, contributing to editorial pieces, and managing day-to-day operations.
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Approving the publication's layout, design, style, and tone
- Reviewing written content for spelling and grammar errors
- Fact-checking information in articles and stories
- Providing suggestions for edits when needed
- Writing editorial pieces to contribute to the publication
- Developing and managing budgets for the editorial team
- Representing the publication's editorial team at social functions
- Making final decisions about which stories, articles, and photographs to publish
- Attending meetings with the publisher or publication board to discuss issues and plans for the publication.
- Evaluating content and making decisions on appropriateness for the publication.
- Acting as a representative for the publication at events.
- Reviewing written content for grammar and spelling errors to prepare it for publication
- Fact-checking information in the submitted content
- Making final decisions as to what content will be published and approving the publication’s tone, style, design, and layout
- Making our company’s voice impactful by developing strategies and style guidelines
- Managing day-to-day publication operations
- Improving content by providing feedback to Content Writers on our team
- Contributing to the publication by writing editorial pieces
- Holding and attending (virtual) meetings with publishers and publication boards to discuss plans for the publication and potential issues
- Degree in journalism, communications, or similar.
- Previous experience as an editor.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Content Editor
- Excellent writing skills
- Proven experience managing web or blog publishing
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Remuneration: NGN 100,000 monthly
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.