AfA is seeking to hire a full-time Communications Officer with excellent writing and editing skills who will be required to lead AfA’s Communications unit. The Communications officer will be responsible for implementing AfAs communications strategies that will increase AfA’s visibility to diverse audiences; manage the creation, production, and distribution of digital and print products, contribute to the design, development, and dissemination of high-quality tools and materials, in addition, support AfA’s website and social media platforms.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Develop and ensure the effective implementation of the Alliances for Africa (AfA) communication strategy;
- Write, edit and produce research reports, policy briefs, press releases, blog posts, articles, and other written resources while ensuring adherence to AfA’s strategic communications and branding standards;
- Produce and disseminate AfA’s publications, press releases, website content, newsletters, speeches, and other materials that communicate the organization’s activities and services;
- Create content for and manage all social media platforms including FB, Twitter, IG, LinkedIn, and YouTube for the organization;
- Coordinate the production of user-friendly resource materials, including manuals, guides, explainer videos, etc;
- Organize online campaigns and engagements, including virtual events and advocacy activities; and, support project staff in planning virtual meetings and conferences and so on;
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to develop and produce IEC materials;
- Conduct communications-related training/ events for staff and partners;
- Create relevant communication resources from technical reports and events to raise the profile of the organization's programs
- Maintaining the organizational database, including photos, graphics, icons, infographics, and video clips;
- Monitor and produce monthly analytics for the website and social media platforms; Maintain and manage the organization's digital database and physical library;
- Create learning opportunities and share information on AfA’s programs through the website, webinars, social media, traditional media, and email listserves;
- Coordinate media relations and respond to media inquiries. Disseminate press releases and monitor media coverage of AfA’s programs;
- Understand feminist analysis and respond to media inquiries and interviews, and act as the organization’s spokesperson;
- Any other task assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, international relations/development, or humanities degree.
- Knowledge and practical experience in developing and executing strategic communications plans.
- Background in communications, media relations, and/or knowledge management needed.
- 4 - 5 years cognate experience working with an NGO women, girls, and feminist advocacy-related work.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop); presentation design and visual communications collateral creation a plus.
- Skills in online meeting platforms, BlueJeans, Zoom, MS Teams, and Google meet.
- Creative problem-solver with an eye for good design; on the cutting edge of emerging media trends and technologies.
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment.
- Excellence in all MS Office Applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of political and ethical issues in assigned areas; ability to facilitate relationships between diverse parties.
- Competency and experience in content creation for all media platforms.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work with little or no supervision.
Work Type: Full-time with initial 3 months probation period
Location: Owerri, Imo State.
Deadline for application 30th January 2023
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.