We are looking for a teacher who is passionate and well versed in Chemistry and can break down the complexities of Chemistry in the simplest ways. A successful candidate would typically have an innovative mind and proficiency in teaching with modern ICT skills.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Prepare and deliver lectures to students on topics such as organic chemistry, stoichiometry, structure, and properties of matter, atomic structure, thermodynamics, general chemistry, and nuclear chemistry according to the school’s curriculum.
- To assist in the development of appropriate syllabus, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, and teaching strategies in the Nigerian and British Pearson iLower secondary and IGCSE curriculum
- Supervise students' laboratory work and educate students on lab safety.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Prepare course materials and homework assignments.
- Facilitate student learning and understanding of chemistry through guided inquiry, direct instruction, investigations, problem-solving, and discussion.
- Responsible for lesson planning, preparation of lesson notes, and maintaining the discipline of the students in the classroom.
- Responsible for class preparation, and classroom management, as well as developing and grading assessments, and meeting with students and parents outside class.
- Teaching students the scientific method, including observations, hypotheses, data collection, experiments, theory, and predictions.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Presenting innovative school projects in the course area.
- Contribution to the curriculum area and development of the proper implementation of course material.
- To take part in the school’s staff development program
- Taking part as may be required in the review, development, and management, of activities related to the curriculum, organization, and pastoral functions of the school.
- To review from time-to-time methods of teaching and programs of work.
- To assess, record, and report on the attendance, progress, development, and attainment of students to parents and the principal, and to keep such records as required.
- To prepare students for external examinations and competitions.
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the school’s policy and procedures.
- B.SC. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of Second class lower in the chemistry-related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a chemistry teacher from reputable schools.
- Familiarity with different types of teaching styles.
- Patience, innovation in the field, knowledge of classroom management and student discipline,
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- Patience to teach in detail.
Remuneration: NGN 100,000 – 200,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.