- We are looking for a proactive team member to join our vocational training organisation and contribute to providing a wide range of career advice and employment support services to our trainees and graduates.
- The role will involve providing effective frontline customer services in the delivery of activities and information to trainees. Including the organisation of events, career fairs and training based activities.
- The role will focus on the sourcing of job placements, providing entrepreneurship advice and support, administration as well as CV writing support to trainees.
- You must have experience in delivering a frontline service and be able to demonstrate excellent IT skills.
- The role requires strong communication skills both verbally, written and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following responsibilities and duties will be performed:
- Is responsible for in-depth knowledge and independent decision-making in a designated area of responsibility, e.g., development of job programmes, recruitment and placement of trainees.
- Is responsible for formulation and compliance of policy guidelines and procedures regarding employment support.
- Assists with office administration and training.
- Counsels and informs trainees of applicable work placement opportunities and related issues.
- Conducts evaluation and reports on trainees’ work eligibility and provide CV advice and support.
- Develops and implements strategies and systems necessary to identify, track and evaluate trainees, job placements and trainee entrepreneurial endeavours.
- Serves as a resource to trainees regarding employment, policies and procedures, advertising, hiring, job classifications, disciplinary action, grievance procedures.
- Recruits and advises trainees through informational meetings, individual counselling and promotional activities; develops advertising and outreach programmes such as group presentations, brochures, pamphlets and letter campaigns to placement companies.
- Conducts and evaluates surveys of employers, placement companies and trainees regarding work attitudes, staffing needs, desirable employee qualifications, work and career goals etc.
- Gather information, enter data and keep records of trainees’ and job placements companies using a school management software (ERP).
- Performs special projects, as needed or assigned.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by supervisors.
- A Bachelor's degree in Guidance and Counselling, Marketing, or any other related discipline.
- 2-3 years working experience as a Student Recruiter, career counsellor, C V writing, Classroom Teacher and other similar fields.
- A highly creative individual, with a strong grasp of current career management tools and strategies as well as the ability to counsel trainees, Strong ability to develop a cv and content creator.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a high paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary to produce proposals, reports, teaching and presentations.
- Able to organize, synthesize and respond to complex information to achieve goals.
- Prior experience in career management and teaching will be an added advantage.
Resident within Lekki, Ajah, lbeju- Lekki and its environs is an added advantage.