The Assistant Buyer (AB) assists the Category manager with the pre-procurement activities and the negotiations and contracting process regarding the suppliers. Based on the Assortment policy, the AB helps the Category manager to select which products should be a part of the company’s SKU matrix.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
- Evaluates and suggest new products and ranges (local and private label) that fit the needs and requirements of the assortment policy.
- Proposes which products should be programmed for the Weekly bulk, Weekend, and in-store promotions.
- Collates additions and deductions relevant to the 4-weeks catalog and other kinds of printed communications.
- Follows up on the service level (SL) of the suppliers and encourages suppliers to comply with the agreed procedures.
- Provides support to the Category Managers in managing and coordinating the marketing activities for the assigned product lines.
- Monitors daily out-of-stock information as well as information on price changes.
- Develop and maintain a supplier database to strengthen the Purchasing and Supply Chain process.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, purchasing policies, and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts.
- Coordinating and collating supplier samples and brochures for new product listing.
- Process purchase orders, resolve invoicing issues, and ensure timely merchandise delivery.
- Assist Category Manager in selecting, pricing, and positioning category products.
- Liaise with suppliers on quality problems in conjunction with company quality standards.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.