Main duties and responsibilities:
Assist in day-to-day operations of the accounts department.
Weekly data entry and reconciliation of accounts on accounting software
To assist timely in bills collection & collation in a timely manner.
Maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
Perform basic office tasks, such as filing and data entry.
Process transactions, issuing checks and updating ledgers.
Assist with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
Facilitate payments for LIRS/ NHF etc.
Prepare & gain approval for LPOs and satisfy vendor statements.
Scan, file & log accounting documents.
Generate weekly inventory reports to identify and correct finished goods with incorrect or without SLED dates.
Handle communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
Handle reconciliation of short to medium term projects
Work closely with the Warehouse and Accounts / Finance to ensure the accuracy of the monthly inventory account.
Assist in organizing and executing the monthly, quarterly & annual Inventory stock counts.
Compile and prepare routine reports and summaries.
Maintain confidentiality of all financial data.
Support duties related to accounts payable and account receivable functions.
Assist in processing expense requests.
Maintain, manage and update records of all inventories.
Sort, organize and store inventory in the proper location.
Prepare purchase orders, received and issued goods, manage the stock level and supply distribution. Ensure inventory discrepancy is below 9.99%.
Process inventory orders, logging items that have been received and items that have been taken from inventory and physically moving product within the inventory room to the sales floor, and vice versa.
Update logs and documentation for inventory processing.
Work as an active team member to complete team goals.
Prepare documentation and inventory for audit.
Other admin ad-hoc duties.
Required skills and qualifications, experience:
- Educational qualification required: university graduate (business, accounting, finance or related areas) minimum 2.2 degree results
- Minimum experience required: 3+years’ accounting experience
- Strong bookkeeping skills and experience
- Must be a self-starter and work using own initiative
- Excellent organization and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the accounting principles
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office and accounting software – Sage, QuickBooks
- Proficiency in analyzing and manipulating the huge volume of data
- Advanced time management, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proactive approach to problem-solving, able to show discretion & confidentiality
- Professional manner and strong ethical code
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately
- Detailed oriented
- Numeracy skills
- Organization skills and Time management skills
- Computer Skills
- Communication skills
- Customer Service
- Social skills