WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the worldÂ achieve Zero Hunger Â in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Post-secondary certificate in air traffic control, flight dispatch, aeronautical engineering or related field is essential for Air Operations roles, desirable for Air Movement roles.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty stationâs language, if different.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Area Offices (AOs) or Field Offices (FOs) and report to the Aviation Officer.
At this level, job holders operate in locations characterized by a complex security situation and/or a higher volume of flights generating additional number of processes and details that must be completed. Job holders demonstrate personal responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries and problems with only general guidance, using a strong understanding of the local context. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders specialise in either air transport or air movement, and perform a specialised technical role, or in some situations may supervise and coordinate a team of staff. Job holders can also be based in an AO or FO with no direct professional technical supervisor on the ground, and therefore expected to resolve routine issues and take decisions quite independently.
To provide and/or oversee a range of coordination, administrative, and technical activities that support the delivery of a safe and effective air service to the humanitarian community.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide operational coordination and technical support for air operations, ensuring compliance with WFP standards, including risk management processes, to support safe and effective air operations for humanitarian community.
2. Liaise with airport officials, other local authorities and external parties in order to obtain necessary clearances, documentation and authorisations required for air operations.
3. Carry out pre-flight actions to ensure that all registered passengers and cargo are duly carried on the flight in coordination with crew to ensure safe flights.
4. Collate all post-flight documentation in order to confirm flights have taken place in compliance with established conditions and, occasionally, review and evaluate the performance of air operators.
5. Resolve or escalate operational problems, using initiative, liaising with all parties, and navigating complex security landscapes, to ensure their timely resolution in adherence with WFP standards.
6. Support negotiation of local service contracts in order to establish effective partnerships on optimal terms and conditions facilitating air operations.
7. Research and analyse data, and produce technical reports that enable decision-making and support planning, execution and reporting in order to ensure contractual performance.
8. Update and further develop existing databases and records, ensuring that relevant information is accurate, organised and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
9. Respond to customer queries, following standard processes and obtaining guidance or escalating as required, to ensure timely resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service.
10. Build relationships with internal counterparts, in order to support the alignment of aviation activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to air operations.
11. Supervise the work of other staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
12. Make evidence-based recommendations, and support process reviews and improvements in methods and practices, in order to maximise the performance of air operations and related activities.
13. Establish or maintain minimum procedures necessary to ensure a sound safety management system for the conduct of air operations.
14. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond in its core areas at the onset of a crisis.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
â¢ Experience in dispatching flights from uncontrolled airfields.
â¢ Experience in interpreting operational flight plans.
â¢ Experience in fuel planning, fuel management and supervising refuelling operations.
â¢ Experience in airside operations and marshalling procedures.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Qualified female candidates are advised to apply.
2. Only Nigerian Nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
4. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
5. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO
6. Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
7. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
8. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submitting application: ....... ... 9th of October 2023 by 11:59pm (GMT+1)
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFPâs standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.