System Administrator Responsibilities:
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
- Testing new technology.
- Training staff members on how to use deployed solutions
System Administrator Requirements:
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Information Technology.
- Microsoft MCSE certification or similar.
- Past experience administering server-side technology and networked computing systems.
- Familiarity with SQL and database operations.
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
- Time management skills.
- Technical and logical thought process