- Build collaborative internal and external relationships to provide the best in client advice and service, develop the business to ensure a seamless experience for the client who has multiple products and services.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client in delivering comprehensive and customized business banking products and solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of business clients.
- Manage a portfolio of business clients; grow portfolio by prospecting for new clients and deepening relationships with existing clients.
- Manage credit opportunities within the assigned portfolio, for example, a designated territory, sector, or industry; provide support to branches on sizeable credit deals as needed.
- Utilize referral networks and centers of influence to identify and pursue potential new clients, looking for ways to cultivate a long-term
- Keep abreast with market trends and monitor competitors' activities and manage a disciplined marketing process by business through insight sharing.
- Use knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit, and risk management to identify, recommend and promote products and solutions that best serve the client while still working within risk parameters that protect the bank.
- Build relationships by calling on existing clients to truly understand their businesses and analyze product and service growth opportunities and ensure the profitability of the portfolio.
- Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Support the identification of target companies included in Small-Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Enterprises segments to whom the bank could provide its business services.
- Grow revenue by ensuring the customer is equipped with a minimum of 3 products and develop and maintain appropriate relationships with key customers, contacts outside and within the business, organizations to promote banks product offerings and identify new leads.
- Conduct periodic mini capacity building sessions for customers/prospects to drive down the bank’s products and service adoption as well adding value to the customer
- To assist with the organization of and participate in client seminars to educate the public and to promote products and services to customers
- Cross-offer SME solutions as & when appropriate in helping towards improving the bank's offerings
Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet revenue targets in a way that is quarter sensitive.
- Growth to overall portfolio budget
- A first degree or equivalent in any discipline
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years experience in SME banking.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian MSME market
- Basic banking operations (domestic & international operations)
- Environmental/industry analysis
- MSME marketing analysis, Credit analysis, and Financial analysis – Cash flow, NPV, Gross Margin analysis
- Business and economics knowledge
- Project appraisal techniques
- A good understanding of the general, economic, political, and business environment of the region
- An understanding of risk asset mobilization and liability generation.
- Ability to articulate complex issues around MSME business management from every sector
- People Management, Interpersonal and Communication (written and oral) skills
- Computer appreciation/data entry/word processing
- Marketing and Negotiating skills
- Business advisory Skill
- Excellent Customer Relationship, development/management
- Strong strategic orientation
- Advance selling skills
- Proven ability in developing client relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional poise, judgment, and a willingness to constantly maintain an educated perspective on the marketplace.