· Perform routine, emergency and preventative maintenance of forklifts.
· Interpret manufacturer's technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
· Troubleshoot forklift problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
· Able to diagnose and repair mast and attachment components.
· Good working knowledge of brake systems and tire/wheel changes.
· Ability to work on LPG and diesel and electrical systems.
· Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
· Reassemble forklifts and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
· Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released back to the work floor.
· Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
· Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
· Maintain an organized and neat work area.
· Competent to complete legible service documents and logs for preventative maintenance tasks.
· Learn new technical information and techniques to stay current with changing technology.