- Minimum of 18 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 5 years as Senior Drilling Engineer with relevant experience in operations coordination.
- Extensive experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
- Recent offshore experience (preferably Jack-up and/or deep-water rig) is required
- Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
- Experience using leading well engineering software is important
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum engineering (Other Engineering Disciplines may be considered e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Well control certification
- Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Operations Management of exploratory, appraisal, development and workover wells in offshore environment
- Execution of detailed drilling and work-over programs and procedures
- Real time monitoring and capture of learning curves for continuous improvement,
- Develop Risk register with mitigation plans and contingency planning.
- Ensure that Company’s HSE policies are strictly adhered to and followed.
- Extend training and technical support to direct reports
- Perform Contractors management, function including checking and approving of invoices (technically)
- Co-ordinate, review and quality check DDRs and DCEs (Cost),
- Maintain data base and actively participate on the day to day operations and ensure that operations are carried out on the rigs as per the program and as required.
- Execution and management of logistics operations for improving the service delivery to field operations.
- Ensure efficient and effective logistics support for the operations.
- Liaises closely with the rig team, the Office Logistics and Shore Base Logistics Coordinators
- Ensures materials, equipment and services needed for the operation are sourced and shipped to the rig in a timely manner to avoid operations delays waiting on such items
- Manages cost and overall performance through use of shipment consolidation opportunities, process improvements reviews and root cause analysis of deviations with corrective actions.
- Identifies and works on total cost reduction initiatives.
- Strong both verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of all well construction project management starting from well engineering design, planning, preparation to the execution phase.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and tight deadlines;
- Effective decision maker with the ability to apply and follow through on decisions and actions
- Drilling engineering skills to allow for effective coordination and interface with internal team and external contractors, and partners.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work with teams.
- Must be innovative and positive in dealing with changes and reacting to project difficulties
- Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than have standards imposed
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) and familiar with relevant industry software