The SAT Math Instructor is responsible for creating and delivering quality content instruction in SAT Math.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Provide effective instruction and support for students preparing for the SAT Test.
- Teach a course load of at least 3 classes per day/3 days a week.
- Provide ongoing assessment for individual student progress and adapt curriculum and lesson plans according to the needs of the students.
- Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management
- Provide office hours on a regular basis and/or as needed to support individual student progress.
Program Administration and Data Collection:
- Provide accurate and timely collection and entry of student attendance, class progress and disciplinary actions, if needed
Other duties as assigned:
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Math Education or any Math related course.
- Computer/Technology Skills: Must have solid technical skills – Previous experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite required.
- Experience with Teaching Math in Senior secondary school is a plus but not required.
- Experience teaching SAT Math is a plus but not required.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interact Well with Students - Must be able to positively interact with all students.
- Create a Learning Environment – Must be able to create a safe learning environment that is conducive to learning.
- Good at Lesson Plan Design – Must be capable of designing lesson plans to meet student needs and cover the standards.
- Use Varied Teaching Strategies – Must be able to utilize best practices and other appropriate teaching strategies to effectively teach the curriculum.
- Able to Assess - Must be able to design or select and administer effective assessments.
- Able to Identify Student Needs – Must be able to identify and address student needs.
- Demonstrate a Commitment to being always Professional with students and other staff members.