- To develop and implement an organization’s compliance programs.
- Determines the relevant interested parties (Regulators) and their requirements.
- Continually monitor and review information about the interested parties (regulators) and their relevant requirements
- Maintains and strengthen the relationship with Industry regulators (responding to correspondence and inquiries from regulatory authorities)
- Ensures strict adherence to compliance standards and advises Management on implications of non-compliance.
- Ensures all stakeholders are aware of the company’s Compliance program through quarterly/periodic training such as AML/CFT etc.
- Ensures regulatory filings are done as at when due; monitors and reports on the effectiveness of controls in the management of the organization's risk exposure.
- Provides updates on relevant rules and regulations and their implication for the business.
- Provides quarterly compliance reports to the management.
- Ensures that adequate due diligence is carried out on all business partners.
- Ensures functional whistleblowing lines and avenues are in place.
- Tracks and follow-up with management on non-compliance issues to prevent reoccurrence.
- Acts in the capacity of the company’s representative on all compliance matter both internally and externally.
- Prepares periodic reports and performs other duties as required/requested by the Line Manager.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Strong understanding (of both practical and theoretical knowledge) of Quality standards/frameworks: ISO 9001.
- Very good quality audit skills and auditing experience.
- Good knowledge of compliance and risk management.
- Ability to motivate people and manage stakeholders’ expectations.
- Excellent social and communication skills.
- Mature individual, able to relate effectively across the board while maintaining professional detachment and assertiveness.
- Good organizational and personal effectiveness skills.
- The person must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Excellent proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Legal, Business Management, or any other social science discipline.
- CIN - Certified Designate Compliance Professional as a minimum
- Other risk management certifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience with two (2) of those years as a practicing compliance officer.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate a high sense of urgency with regard to risk management.
- Must possess a service-oriented attitude.
- Must possess very strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp information quickly.
- Must be able to cope with working long hours and be ready to travel (when necessary) for business meetings within short notice.
- Must be able to manage sensitive information.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Zero tolerance for infractions of legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
- Zero undetected risks.
- Increase organizational-wide awareness of compliance risks.
- Meantime to compliance issue discovery – low
- Meantime to compliance issue resolution – low
- Low numbers of Non-Compliance (NC) issues reported during an audit.
Department: Quality Management
Reports to: Quality Manager
Grade Level/Job Classification: Coordinator