The Restaurant Manager will:
- Deal with the operation, finances, and people management of the restaurant, ensuring that health and safety codes and sales targets are met.
- Deal with the coordination of shifts and rotas for the staff.
- Assign and oversee duties to make sure that all tasks are done to the appropriate standard by closing time.
- Be responsible for supervising the food preparation areas and checking that all hygiene standards are met. This includes arranging for the maintenance of equipment and the establishment, such as trash removal and full cleaning when the restaurant is closed to the public.
- Manage the budget and make sure that the business’ financial records are kept up to date.
- Respond efficiently but respectfully to customer complaints and queries. It’s the manager’s job to ensure that all customers have a pleasant dining experience and that the brand’s reputation is upheld.