- The Reconciliation Officer will work in a team and be responsible for the reconciliation activities within the organization;
- Facilitate complete and accurate processing of settlement figures for all transactions/products by ensuring that required due diligence is performed
- Responds to disputes and ensure that all assigned reports are accurately and timely reconciled to show a true and fair view of processed transaction with partner organizations including banks, network providers etc.
The position will be charged but not limited with the following responsibilities:
- Perform reconciliation for transactions with Telcos, banks, customers, and provide report as required.
- Verify, reconcile and update reconciliation accounts by reviewing discrepancies to produce accurate and credible transactions.
- Manage relationships with key data providers to facilitate the timely receipt of critical information for ongoing reconciliation management activities and maintenance tasks.
- Timely and accurate reporting of metrics to be used for departmental management, decision.
- Download and post files from any of the listed Telcos, users.
- Perform daily reconciliation of account and position data.
- Send client notifications for action items to be handled by the client.
- Run diagnostics and resolve reconciliation issues related to these diagnostics.
- Perform research on corporate actions and complex reconciliation transactions.
- Correct historical data.
- Run system tools to generate transaction portfolio values and portfolio performance statistics.
- Identify and correct billing and performance on monthly/quarterly reports.
- Perform manual data entry from statements provided by the Users.
- Track, monitor and reconcile transactions for financial performance.
- Perform any other task as might be assigned by the department.
o Bachelor's Degree in or higher preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting or other discipline in Social Sciences from a recognized University.
o Minimum of 3 years working experience
o Detailed understanding of the operational aspects of Information Technology, Banking and Telecommunications industry
o Previous experience within a Reconciliation will be an added advantage
o Excellent documentation skills and use of collaboration tools.
o Proficiency in the use of Excel (VLOOKUP etc)