· The Procurement and Logistics Manager will be responsible for the overall design and management of an effective procurement process for the basic nutrition package project in one of the states where Africare will be implementing the program.
· Management of the effective procurement process, such as PR, PO, Tender/Bid, Contract process.
· Responsible for supply chain management of nutrition-related products, commodities, supplies and pharmaceuticals.
· Management of medical drug logistics in line with the needs of the program.
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to support efficient management of supplies.
· Work closely with the Project Director or Africare designated representative to understand their procurement and logistic needs.
· Work with the Project Director or Africare designated representative to ensure forecasted needs are timely and accurate and ensure reconciliation and goods are also moved to beneficiaries.
· Monitor, with supervisory visits and documented spot checks, inventory storage and movement records in the warehouse which hold stock for which the project is accountable.
· Develop and review the procurement plans for the project, including commodity quantification and distribution plans using correct assumptions and best practices.
· Plan, source (directly or via donor/CA procurement process) and manage the delivery of all commodities (drugs, medical supplies and equipment).
· Support project distribution planning and execution to ensure all stock are received on time at distribution points, and all stock is recorded during the distribution, and reconciled.
· Taking lead on all procurement activities, giving suggestions and innovative practices to the organization.
· Work with the management and project teams to resolve relevant outstanding audit findings to improve overall compliance with organizational and donor policies.
· A degree in Pharmacy, Supply Chain management/ Logistic Management/ Business Administration/Procurement or related field of studies and at least 7 years’ work experience out of which 3 years on the similar position in an International NGO.
· Master’s degree or equivalent in Sciences, Social Sciences with training in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
· Knowledge and ability to work on ICT4D t for inventory management, logistics and supply chain management.
· Knowledge of completing procurement in Nigeria or countries affected by fragility, conflict and violence.
· Comfortable working at tactical operational and senior management levels.
· Professional integrity and accountability, Works in an open and accountable way, Strong technical skills in supply chain, Professional integrity and accountability, able to keep the big picture in mind and work in detail.
· Ability to work under pressure, able to work in a team and independently, works well with others.
· Planning and organization skills on short and long time frames, Decision making, Analytical skills.
· Solutions orientated focused on program outcomes, Budget skills including effective use of resources, Decision making, Experience in preparing and submitting business cases, Influencing skills, Attention to detail.
· Problem solver – able to think out of the box, Analytical skills, Able to keep the big picture in mind and work in detail
· Budget skills including effective use of resources.
· Strong technical skills in supply chain, Professional integrity and accountability, Able to keep the big picture in mind and work in detail, Negotiation skills, Solutions orientated focused on program outcomes, Decision making, Works in an open and accountable way.
· Budget skills including effective use of resources, Able to keep the big picture in mind and work in detail, Negotiation skills, and Influencing skills.
· Able to set own and department objectives, Able to give clear direction, Able to manage competing priorities, Strong technical skills in supply chain, Able to keep the big picture in mind and work in detail, Solutions orientated focused on program outcomes, Works in an open and accountable way and cultural sensitivity.
· Promotes a culture and working environment aligned to plans values and behaviors including anti-bullying and harassment, Ability to manage and resolve conflict, Situational leadership skills including being able to lead by example, Cultural sensitivity, Listening skills, Communication skills.
· Comfortable facilitating meetings and bringing people together.
· Confirmed experience working with an International NGO on large-scale, consortium led, nutrition/ health program in challenging contexts, ideally in Nigeria.
· Experience in capacity building of implementing partners.
· Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as International NGOs, local NGOs, CSOs, government officials, donor representatives, local and international staff.
· Ability to represent the project to various audiences including senior government officials and donor representatives.
· Strong communication skills, including advanced report writing skills.
· Nigerian national with the ability to articulate and demonstrate a strong understanding of the contextual challenges faced by communities in Nigeria.
· Desirable – training and capacity building would be an advantage.
· Desirable – experience in International supply chains and custom regulations would be an advantage.
· Knowledge of the humanitarian sector trends and constraints would be an advantage