Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure 100% of HIV infected children on CBOs’ Care and treatment portfolio in target LGAs are enrolled in the OVC program.
- Responsible for treatment outcome monitoring of all PLHIV enrolled on the program
- Direct Case Managers (CMs) towards overall technical quality - including adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention care & support activities of the project.
- In collaboration with case managers, implement evidence-based health and nutrition interventions to indigent households by responding to identified prioritized health, nutrition, and PSS needs.
- Work with Case managers in using national guidelines wherever possible to provide vulnerable households with access to quality healthcare, nutrition and PSS.
- Provide health and nutrition training and supervision to all relevant staff and Case managers.
- In conjunction with our funders OVC team to conduct IYCF training and collaborate with community volunteers to implement relevant activities
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of project efforts, achievements, lessons learned and innovations within our funders OVC Program
- Ensure timely preparation of high-quality training and meeting reports.
- Contributes to the development of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans Supervision and Mentoring
- Support Innovative Solutions to Community Development develop appropriate job descriptions to ensure staffing is appropriate for expected results.
- Provide regular supportive supervision to the CVs to ensure the achievement of expected results.
- Represent the CSO in external technical meetings, conferences, and workshops related to HIV Prevention Care & Support
- Liaise and coordinate with other HIV Prevention Care & Support actors, including LG SACA, PHCs, PMTCT sites, TBAs and other NGOs, learning institutions and civil society actors to promote synergy, share lessons learned and avoid duplication.
- Perform any other role assigned
Qualification and Experience:
Qualified applicants must have:
- BSc or its equivalent in a relevant field such as Nursing, Public health, health sciences e.t.c plus a minimum of 2-3years technical experience with community-level HIV Prevention, Care & Support programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and Community Volunteers as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training, and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches
- Good knowledge of the Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Paediatric & Adult)
- Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion.
- Experience in dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
Salary: NGN70,000- NGN100,000
Location: Ugheli Delta