Grace Jacobs Farms Limited
Farming & Agriculture
We are looking for experience in staff management towards farm objectives, managing the production bottom line, safety, and logistics. It is essential that our managers demonstrate honesty and integrity. Only candidates who are available to pick up this project from now to the next 2 weeks should apply.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Following the production process 3 times a day checking for leaks and wastages and correcting the same
- Planning routine medications: Lasota vaccinations, deworming flushing, and sterilization of drinker lines
- Planning feed production and delivery
- Resolving conflicts in schedules of assigned tasks and converting these into an even workflow
- Training of attendants and tasking of supervisors
- Taking daily reports of all production lines and reporting them promptly
- Ensuring eggs production target is met every day and identifying causes if not so recommending staff for bonuses and promotion
- championing teamwork, task sharing, and on-the-job training
- Carrying out samples of key production parameters. Liaison with Farm laboratories and Vet Doctors for effective management of flock of birds
- Planning supply and delivering of products to stores
- Stocking keeping for all raw materials, feeds and promoting re-orders, Carrying out QA/QC on all receipts
- Bio-security as well as human security
- Farm Managers should have substantial (at least 5 years including NYSC) experience managing poultry farms with battery cage-based laying birds, floor-based brooding birds, and ruminants.
- Minimum academic qualification of HND degree holder in Animal Science and/or Animal Production, a hands-on leader, authentic and resilient, and strong in reporting and communications.
- The candidate should have hands-on experience with brooding of birds as well as management of more than 25000 layers in the battery cage
- Candidate must demonstrate theoretical and practical knowledge of animal husbandry: brooding & rearing from day old, battery cage production, diseases mgt. through PM and lab work. Feed formulate. Route and non-routine vaccinations. hot and cold seasons
Remuneration: The position is Farm resident and the incumbent would be expected to work 3 or 4 weeks on and 1 week off (depending on his family situation) the final offer would be matched to his work cycle, years of experience, and qualifications.
- It is expected to be between NGN 100,000 - 150,000 naira per month
Location: The farm is based on the outskirts of Benin City. It has 30,000 laying birds and some 8000 brooding birds, and some ruminants
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.