We are recruiting talented and qualified optometrists to join our team. The individual will be responsible for examining, diagnosing and treating parts of the visual system. Typical duties include performing vision tests, diagnosing sight problems, prescribing contact lenses and eyeglasses, performing surgical procedures, and providing rehabilitation or therapy for vision issues. Counsel patients/communities to help promote eye health.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:1 year
- Conduct routine eye exams for clients.
- Prescribe medications to treat ocular diseases and disorders.
- Document history including complaint and relevant symptoms, ocular health, medication usage, medical and family history, current vision aide if applicable, and any other pertinent data.
- Examine eyes using observation, pharmaceutical agents, and instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, coordination, and focus. Tests may include subjective refractions, retinoscopy, lensometry, slit lamp examination, visual fields, pupil and mobility testing, gonioscopy, and tear function testing.
- Document diagnosis and treatment plans, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions, and long-term medical management.
- Prescribe and fit vision aids such as contact lenses and eyeglasses.
- Perform eye surgeries, such as laser vision correction and cataract, and provide pre-and post-operative care.
- Maintain communication with ophthalmology, optical, and admin staff to optimize quality clinical care and service.
- Provide any necessary low-vision rehabilitation and vision therapy to improve visual issues.
- Promote eye health by teaching patients about proper eye care techniques.
- Must possess a degree in optometry.
- Must possess a state-issued license for optometry is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 1-year experience as an Optometrist.
- Customer service oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of eye-related disorders and conditions.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.