Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice.
- Provide pre and post-operative care to patients
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patient/family regarding disease process and symptom management.
- Educate patients and their families on the care and home treatment of eye disorders and diseases
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information
- Consults with Doctors as required to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to patient care.
- Actively share ideas in a constructive and positive manner by listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
- Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations
- Protects confidentiality of patient's Personal Health Information
- Utilizes time and resources effectively to promote quality and cost outcomes
- Assures accuracy of patient charges and directs patients appropriately with billing-related issues or pre-certification needs.
- Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused absence
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.