· Configure and install various network devices and software (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS) for the company and clients.
· Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
· Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
· Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
· Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
· Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
· Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
· Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end user/customers during installation
· Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
· Undertake capacity management and audit if IP addressing and hosted
· Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
University degree in:
· Computer Science
· Computer software/Computer systems engineering
· Computer systems and networks
· Electrical/electronic engineering
· Proven hands-on network engineering experience.
· Deep understanding of networking protocols.
· Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
· Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
· Proven experience of 3- 5 years in LAN, WAN and Networking Solutions.
· Mandatory Cisco CCNA or very good Cisco Solution Knowledge.
· Experience with Wireless Radio Solutions.
· You will need to have:
· Growth mindset: Responding positively to challenges and continually seeking new and better ways of approaching things.
· Collaboration: Drives alignment and team work within a team, department. Combines resources and joins efforts to achieve company-wide goals.
· Drive for Results: Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes, using effective approaches to solve problems. Delivers on commitments and seeks increasingly challenging work. Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions and goals.
· Trusted Advisor: Conveys professional depth and breadth and builds strong client relationships. Effectively influences clients.
· Judgement/Leadership skill: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; includes appropriate people in decision making process, makes timely decisions and explains reasoning for decisions.
· Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people's attitudes when necessary