- Urgent medical and nursing services (including resuscitation, stabilization and assessment and diagnosis, treatment and referral as necessary);
- Assess the urgency and severity of presenting problems through history taking, examination and investigation.
- Recommending and, where appropriate, undertaking treatment options and carrying out/referring for appropriate interventions and procedures, including but not limited to prescribing, minor surgery and other general practice procedures, counseling, psychological interventions, advising and education.
- Referral for diagnostic, therapeutic and support services as required.
- Appropriate evidence-based screening, risk assessment and early detection of illness, disease and disability.
- Use of recall and reminder systems and referral, as appropriate, to national screening programmes.
- Interventions to assist people to reduce or change risky and harmful lifestyle behaviour.
- Family planning services, provision of contraceptive advice and sexual health services.
- Ensure Immunisation programmes are available to the practice population.
- Working with public health providers in the prevention and control of communicable diseases for individuals and families/whanau and reporting to relevant public health providers.
- Ongoing care and support for people with chronic and terminal conditions to reduce deterioration, increase independence and reduce suffering linking, where relevant, with appropriate service providers.
- A medical officer with qualifications of MBBS or its equivalent. Surgical skill is an advantage.
- The doctor should be proficient in clinical still and at least 3 years post qualification.
Salary between 150000-200000.