To ensure that the supply of materials meet the production schedule and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity. Able to deliver efficient, effective, and flexible solutions to meet production requirements. Maintains strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure supply of materials meets requirements.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
General and Task Management
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of use.
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Understand and manage risks to minimize impact on production schedule
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Utilize Material Requirements Planning system (SAP and OMP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required.
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory accuracy.
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels.
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy.
- Minimize obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability.
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organization.
- Ensure that all Launch/ Relaunch projects are supported in terms of timely delivery of RM/PM to support production while managing proper phase out of the old products.
- Minimization write-off costs Both FG and RM/PM
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan, and facilitate on-time materials to the production line as and when required, avoiding disruption to production.
- Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules and forecasts to ensure they reflect requirements and meet demands
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time.
- Develop and implement processes and work with suppliers on continuous improvement initiatives Support assessment and sourcing of suppliers in conjunction with members of the purchasing team.
- Support supplier meetings and negotiations to ensure demand for materials is met.
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with members of the purchasing tea
- Resolve all payment related issues with supplier and other vendors.
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff, and visitors
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and welcomes change, engages interest and participation of others.
- Proactively contributes to the team and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Shows moral courage, openness, and honesty in all dealings, Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
Skills and Attributes:
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs of production, suppliers and customer order fulfilment
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc degree Or Diploma in any science related field and professional qualification in any Supply chain courses will be an added advantage.
- 2 - 3 working years in Production and material planning.
- Good analytical skills
- Experience with SAP S/4HANA, Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills and Microsoft Office functionality is a must have.
- Speaks English fluently
- Good communication skills and proactive behaviour
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies
- Understanding of supplier relationships and some experience of working with suppliers
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.