KEY JOB FUNCTIONS (Main activities undertaken by the jobholder and reflective of the most important features of the job)
- Work in a global cross-functional team with engineering, operations, data, finance and the commercial team through the complete product development cycle.
- Support the process used to define a product's hardware, software and commercial features.
- Conduct on-field and desktop market research to identify industry trends, market gaps and opportunities
- Collect customer and company requirements for future product development.
- Test new product initiatives to identify areas of improvement and support the sales and Customer Care training teams by bringing them up to speed
- Develop and manage pilots for products at different levels of commercial maturity.
- Make data-driven recommendations to the business on overall operations which include but not limited to Customer Care, Sales and Retail
- Position the product in relation to other products and the competition.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS & COMPETENCIES/ LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION REQUIRED (Minimum level of experience, skills and competencies, licenses & certifications and education required to perform effectively in the role)
- 3+ years in product management experience having managed at least one entire product development cycle from concept to introduction.
- Experience working closely with engineering/technical/sales/credit teams from an inbound marketing perspective.
- Experience in hardware/software or consumer electronics preferred.
- Strong commercial skills required.
- Requires strong oral and written communications skills as well as demonstrated success as a product spokesperson.
- Be adept at project management
- Must have experience formulating product messaging and creating outbound marketing.
- Ability to think logically.
- Experience in formulating marketing requirements.
- Excellent stakeholder management is required.
- Regional role - requires travel.