The Director of DAC-MTI engages at a senior level balancing strategy and operational needs to ensure that a highly skilled and experienced Service Group delivers outputs for maritime and security Programmes and Policy Advice for our clients and Stakeholders. A key member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
The Director is integral in interacting with fellow Directors to ensure effective communications and cross services collaboration. The Director should be familiar with or have the ability to quickly become familiar with national and international legislation and trends in the areas of public administration, marine environment (e.g. the EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive; and the Birds and Habitats Directives) and food safety that could impact on the Institute.
The Director will lead an experienced management team, made up of Section Managers, Team Leaders, Technical Officers and Senior tutors in implementing performance measures to deliver on the strategic goals of the organization. The Director will provide strategic direction to the DAC-MTI team in the targeting and management of research projects that complement the services provided by the group.
The Director will encourage the regular communications of programme outputs by members of the DAC-MTI team through a number of channels. The Director will keep the MD fully briefed on key matters that impact the delivery of the MTI strategy or that impact the policy areas of our key clients. The Director will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will provide Strategic Direction for the MTI and be a team player.
- Play a key role as a senior member of the Marine Training Institute management team in developing and overseeing the implementation of the Institute’s strategic direction and focus, particularly as it relates to functional roles of DAC-MTI to this purpose.
- Leading and implementing change as required and critically reviewing projects and activities to ensure they meet Organizational requirements.
- Manage, motivate and provide leadership for members of the DAC-MTI team, further developing a culture of learning and development and open, two-way communications
- Provide senior leadership to the Institute’s work programmes in respect of the implementation of Nigerian environmental legislation, working with Government Departments and agencies on a collaborative Basis.
- Work closely with NIMASA and other government Departments in the effective delivery of training services and the provision of policy advice.
- Proactively engage with colleagues externally to build and manage relationships with senior policy makers and develop close working relationships with key external partners.
- Building strong professional networks.
- Make optimum use of resources, instilling the importance of efficiencies and value for money while ensuring effective budgeting and management of the DAC-MTI financial resources, including proactive planning and allocation of service group resources in line with changing business priorities.
- Work with the DAC-MTI team and with other service areas to develop appropriate and value-adding non-Exchequer sources of income for relevant research programmes.
- Participate in regular H.R. reviews; promoting training and staff development in a culture of learning and development, to ensure that DAC-MTI is a rewarding place in which to work.
- Support the development of innovative data management to maximize the value of maritime data
- Support and oversee the DAC-MTI Quality Programme.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with industry sectors which are impacted by Maritime Institute programmes.
- Provide leadership and coordination in the development of new programmes as may be required under government initiatives.
- Ensure the ongoing and effective communication of DAC-MTI outputs including reports, workshops, website.
- Ensure consistent and regular internal communications within DAC-MTI team, promoting active listening, the understanding of others and employee engagement.
- Develop and maintain any skills and expertise across a number of areas that are relevant to this role and recognized by people internally and externally.
- Make timely decisions and identify coherent solutions to complex issues.
- With the MD,BDM and Risk Officers contribute to effective Risk Management, Business Continuity
- Planning and Safe Working Practice ensuring Safe Working practices and promote a culture of this within DAC-MTI;
- Ensure the effective use of ICT within the service group.
- Any other duties appropriate to the position and grade as assigned from time to time by the MD.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.