- Work with other managers to plan and direct the work of the organization.
- Help set policies.
- Evaluate work output.
- Receive classroom instruction in subjects related to their rotational experience.
- Attend lectures, watch guest speakers, and create projects, oral presentations, and take tests.
- Work in different departments to gain perspective, including marketing, sales, customer services, purchasing, merchandising, and personnel departments.
- Handle established accounts to gain familiarity.
- Adhere to guidelines of formal written training program.
- Attend periodic evaluations.
- Achieve a passing score in all areas of the management training program in order to continue in the program.
- Participate with store management in interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Use company reports to analyze sales, gross profit and inventory activity.
- Identify trends and recommends proactive or remedial action to manage business situations.
- Report market activity to management by monitoring and analyzing competitive price lists and products.
- Work with and through management to develop and implement actions that protect company assets and profitability.