Responsibilities include but not limited to the following;
- 1. Take clients’ briefs, identify their needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals.
- 2. Create building designs and highly detailed drawings by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- 3. Prepare and present design proposals to clients and advise clients concerning the possible outcome of the design.
- 4. Produce detailed drawings.
- 5. Attend site meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists.
- 6. Liaise with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
- 9. Co-ordinate the work of contractors and Artisans.
- 10. Work closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists.
- 11. Work around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget.
- 12. Adapt plans according to circumstances and resolve any problems that may arise during construction.
- 13. Play a key part in project and team management.
- 14. Initiate and oversee a project from start to finish ensuring high quality designs that are innovative and functional.
- 15. Compile project specifications.
- 16. Ensure that all projects are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.