- Assist dialysis nurses in providing dialysis treatment to patients with kidney ailments.
- Receive and process specimens according to protocols
- Properly perform HLA tests according to procedure
- Maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing sterility of the equipment
- Produce, interpret and report accurate and precise test results
- Perform procedures related to blood donor/transfusion workups including updating blood bank
- Perform instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- Communicate issues to management or other appropriate medical staff
- Carrying out risk assessments for the laboratory and blood bank facilities
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective data records for analysis
- Participate in proficiency testing surveys
Ordering and maintaining stock and resources
- Minimum B.SC Medical Lab. Science, Med. Lab Tech
- Five (5) years relevant work experience (working in a dialysis centre and blood bank facility preferred)
- MLT, ASCP, CPT or AMT certification or equivalent required
- Completion of an accredited clinical laboratory program is an added advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of health regulations
- Time management skills with meticulous attention to details
- Excellent people skills in order to build up a rapport with patients they may see on a daily or weekly basis.
- Should possess excellent communication skills