1. Design, cost, implement, and improve low to medium voltage solar PV equipment and related energy efficient electrical components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes.
2. Plan, prepare for and manage activities pertaining to the design, costing, procurement, installation, testing, diagnosing, repairing and replacing of solar PV and related electrical components for industrial and commercial purposes. Examples of components/systems will include the following:
- Rooftop and ground mounted solar PV arrays
- Cables, cable interconnections, PV junction/string boxes, connectors and circuit breakers in PV systems
- Battery storage systems
- Solar PV/Diesel generator hybrid systems
- LV/HV transformers, control gear, switchgear and yard equipment
3. Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
4. Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications and codes.
5. Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
6. Prepare client proposals and specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
7. Perform energy audits and prepare audit reports
8. Prepare and review technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements
1. Minimum requirements:
- HND/BSc in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 1-2 years’ electrical engineering/technician experience in power, industrial, and/or construction environments
- Demonstrable interest in renewable energy and/efficiency
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good computational skills (above average expertise in MS Excel, AutoCAD, etc)
- Experience in solar PV design and installation for medium to large scale projects
- Experience in installation of power equipment for commercial/industrial facilities e.g. transformers, inverters, generators