EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Minimum Years of Professional Experience: 6 Years
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or Information Technology Officer.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
To support foundational ICT services including connectivity, infrastructure, security telecoms, workplace management tools and user support as well as operations to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialised network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
2. Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
3. Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided to staff.
4. Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
5. Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff.
6. Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
7. Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
8. Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
9. Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
11. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Support service providers and assure IT service level agreements within delegated CO authority. Draft business cases and justifications for waivers, NFRs and supplier performance evaluations.
2. Design, deploy and maintain LAN, WLAN, and WAN networks, ensuring to follow corporate SDWAN architecture as well as standards for remote office set up.
3. Plan and organize work and write clear and concise technical documentation; communicate effectively orally and handle a large volume of work.
4. Meet strict deadlines and be able to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different nationals from different cultural backgrounds.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
. Extensive knowledge of wired and wireless computer networks. Cisco networking and security certifications is a requirement.
• Hands-on knowledge of VSAT, emergency telecoms, HF/VHF radios, and telephony systems installation. GVF certification is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in IT service delivery support. ITIL certification is a requirement.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing technology projects.
• Practical knowledge of workflow and business process automation, and Low-Code No-Code technologies will be an added advantage.
• Experience in supervising teams.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.