Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide process engineering discipline expertise for DCP plants.
- Provide process engineering support which entails identifying, prioritising, and appraising conceptual engineering solutions to optimize production, as well as process studies and test runs to optimize key process variables.
- Liaise with relevant production personnel to obtain information on the effectiveness and efficiency of DCP production processes.
- Carry out a detailed analysis of key process trends, developments, and changes in equipment performance behaviours in DCP production processes.
- Manage the selection, design, and application of material and equipment that enhance system efficiency.
- Execute the testing of new process concepts to confirm feasibility and compatibility with existing structures.
- Assist with the management of the end-to-end implementation of approved new production systems to achieve seamless transition within the plant.
- Implement the rollout, maintenance, and institutionalization of an operational intelligence system within the production unit.
- Ensure that the production lines are structured optimally to deliver efficient and effective solutions in cement manufacturing.
- Drive productivity improvements and reduce non-value adding expense within production systems.
- Oversee the smooth running of a continuous feedback system to ensure that reports on all monitoring systems are produced accurately and on time.
- Promote effective use of production tools and standard processes.
- Assist in fostering an environment that embraces change and promotes innovative solutions to complex production problems.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Technical Services (Plant).
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry
- In-depth knowledge of process design engineering principles applied to cement manufacturing, process simulation tools, and process equipment sizing/selection.
- Working knowledge of all relevant cement industry codes, standards, and regulations associated with process design and process safety engineering
- Working knowledge of process safety hazard analysis and risk assessment methodologies applied to cement manufacturing, operating, and ultimate dismantlement phases of the processing life cycle.
- Good understanding of statistical process control
- Good understanding of process research methods and analysis
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Good analysis and organizing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Location: Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria.