To minimize risk of loss to the group by defining and ensuring compliance with the approved risk mgt. framework and processes for identification, controlling, managing and reporting operational risk while ensuring that all key risks facing the bank are proactively managed in line with best practices.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Executive level
- Experience Length: 10 years
- Establish ORM function and implement the operational risk policies, processes and systems across the Bank.
- To identify, assess, monitor, control/mitigate and report the operational risks in business lines in conjunction with personnel from different functions. Seek approval from senior management (as and when necessary) for managing operational risks.
- Review and recommend updates (as and where applicable) of specific operational risk policies, standards, procedures and guidelines to manage the operational risk cycle (identify, measure, monitor, mitigate/control and report) and seek approval from CRO/RMC/BRMC/BOD
- Responsible for setting up appropriate operational risk tolerance levels that are in line with the bank’s defined risk appetite
- Identify industry best practices and keep up to date on rules and regulations in operational risk and maintain a repository of all related documents.
- Ensure that any new measurement techniques as approved by the CRO are incorporated in the operational risk policy
- Responsible for documenting ORM process within the operational risk policy
- Responsible for incorporating operational risk reporting framework as part of operational risk policy and updating the measurement techniques including the VaR methodology within the operational risk policy
- Responsible for providing inputs to risk strategy & capital planning function for computing economic capital
- Management of risk assessment, development of polices, standards and procedures, testing and security reporting processes
- Ensure that the Bank achieves compliance and certification to PCI DSS, ISO 27001 etc
- A good first Degree or equivalent in any Discipline.
- Recognized professional certification such as CFA, CIS, ACCA, ACA, CISM, CISSP etc.
- Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience in Risk Mgt. or related area within the financial services industry of which at least 7 must have been in the Banking sector and 5 years must have been at a senior mgt. level.
- Candidate must have been involved in Basel II implementation project in any of the foremost Nigerian commercial banks particularly in ORM
- Candidate must have been involved in the development and implementation of an ORM framework in commercial banks in Nigeria
- Must be very conversant with Basel II and CBN regulatory guideline on the implementation of the capital requirement in Nigerian Banks
- Strategic focus/orientation
- Integrity and discretion
- Analytical skills/problem solving
- Resilience, tenacity and integrity
- Communication (oral and written) & Interpersonal
- General Management/administration
- Initiative/entrepreneurship/taking ownership
- Team Building/conflict management
- Organization & Coordination Skills
- General management/administration
- Knowledge & understanding of banking operations (international & domestic)
- Credit Administration risk/Risk Management
- Credit Products
- Credit Analysis and appraisal
- Loans administration/account management
- Credit workout/restructuring
- Facility structuring
- Financial acumen
- Mandatory knowledge of CBN Prudential Guideline
- Knowledge of Operational Risk best practices
- Advanced Knowledge of Operational Risk measurement methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of other relevant regulatory policies and guidelines
- Finance and accounting
- Banking industry knowledge
- Financial industry knowledge
- Banking Operations (Domestic & International Operations)
- Credit Analysis /appraisal
- Environmental/Industry Analysis
- Investment/Portfolio Mgt.
- Knowledge of credit risk management
- Strong Product Knowledge
- Assets & Liability Mgt.
- Financial Analysis/Interpretation
- Knowledge of credit policies and credit processes
- Good knowledge of market base and customer base
- Good technical skills – MS Office Suite
- Knowledge and understanding of financial regulations (domestic and international)
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management and financial standards ((domestic and international)
- Define and implement policies and procedures that ensure protection of critical infrastructure, and advise senior management on risk levels and security issues
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.