Kippa is on a mission to help small businesses in Africa run more sustainably and profitably. Today, small businesses in Africa transact over $3.5T annually, more than 90% of which is in cash. Their first tool helps all small businesses record their sales, expense, and credit transactions in an app, allowing them to get 3x faster repayments on debts outstanding. Here is how they achieve this aim in todays market:
- Kippa App - is an accounting tool that helps all small businesses record their sales, expense, and credit transactions in an app, allowing them to get 3x faster repayments on debts outstanding, it also allows them to open a business bank account, send and receive payments as well pay bills for their business;
- KippaStart - a company incorporation software that helps enterprises get started and register with CAC;
- KippaPay- is an agency banking platform that enables business owners to operate as mobile money agents, assisting people with financial transactions ranging from cash withdrawals to bill payments.
About the role
They are looking to hire a Head of Payment Operations who will lead the day-to-day management of all aspects of
KippaÃ¢â¬â¢s payment initiatives, including project planning and roadmap execution. A key aspect of the role includes proposing the building and mapping of new payment product capabilities to capture flows via new infrastructures and business models.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will take charge of all operational procedures. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Payment Operations management
- Develop and implement the payment operational procedures, governance systems, processes, and systems, and implementing them to achieve required efficiency, quality, and compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor agent operations against company standards, agent contracts, and regulatory standards and take action to ensure conformance.
- Manage the procurement, storage, and distribution of branded merchandise, devices, and consumables to agents and company employees as required.
- Review payment transactions, revenue, and commission reconciliation reports and follow up to ensure the resolution of outstanding items.
- Develop and implement annual plans for agent supervision and support, including measurable objectives and outcomes in consultation with stakeholders.
- Monitor and take action to improve payment operational efficiency and effectiveness, including engaging agents, service providers, and support functions to resolve issues, review procedures, and automate processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce cost.
2. Payment compliance
- Regularly review payment operations against company standards, agent contracts, service level agreements, and regulatory requirements and engage agents, employees, and service providers to address lapses.
- Ensure agent banking operations comply with company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Obtain necessary regulatory and management approvals for agent banking operations.
- Prepare operational reports for management and the Central Bank as required
- Monitor and report on Agent supervision and support activities against set expectations
3. Payment risk management
- Put in place a payment risk management framework aligned to the company risk management framework and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out risk self-assessment, and develop and execute a risk management plan to ensure effective risk management.
- Identify potential fraud and money laundering and investigate and take action as required.
- Take timely action to correct lapses in Agent supervision and support
- Prepare and submit management and regulatory reports on all aspects of Agent supervision and support
- Collaborate with the Finance team to support budgeting and Financial planning processes.
- Manage and maintain accurate financial records, ensuring data integrity and a high level of confidentiality.
4. Cultural competencies
- Self leading. Should be able to take initiative where necessary.
- Rigor for metrics: You commit to a process for extracting answers out of ambiguous questions and situations
- Product intuition: YouÃ¢â¬â¢ve honed the skill of identifying great design, and user experience and providing feedback
- Business-first logic: You understand the business implications of decisions and can make clear recommendations to the organization
- Bias to action: You feel an urgency to unblock yourself and others to deliver great results for the organization
- You work well with people of different backgrounds, identities, values, and cultures
- You listen well, seek to understand and respond with empathy
- You give and take constructive feedback to and from colleagues at any level
- Honesty and Integrity as a Watchword
- You are extremely curious and love working collaboratively
- A knack for continuous growth, learning, and knowledge sharing
How important are you to the bottomline?
As a Head Of Payment Operations at Kippa, you will act as the internal traffic conductor to make sure multiple components of the business are heading in the same direction. You will define and oversee the day-to-day payment operational strategy for the team, measure what counts, and oversee new initiatives. From setting financial budgets to leading on new initiatives, youre the hub of the company.
The biggest problem solving duties on the Job
You should have expert knowledge of the services and products the company has to offer and how they are used by clients and customers. You will lead continuous improvement initiatives in both systems and processes to improve customer satisfaction and
mitigate the growing risk of payment fraud.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- BachelorÃ¢â¬â¢s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field. ACA or ACCA qualification is a plus
- 8+ years of operations experience including a minimum of 4 years at the managerial level within a well-established bank or regulated FinTech business
- Deep understanding of the regulatory landscape, with networks at financial institutions, the Central Bank, and potential partners in the financial technology industry
- Ability to hire, train, and coach a high-performance payment operations team
- Ability to work effectively and drive outcomes with cross-functional teams, especially with engineering and product management
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with varying priorities and drive creative solutions and commitment to a shared goal
- Skilled at tackling ambiguous problems and defining and executing strategies that clarify the problems and deliver quantifiable business impact
- Strong critical thinking and data-analysis skills with experience navigating large data sets
- Excellent communication skills with expertise in articulating complex topics in an easy-to-consume way
- Familiarity with APIs
What matters most?
Nobody can be great at everything, but they are looking to talk to you if you demonstrate:
- Rigor for metrics: you commit to a process for extracting answers out of ambiguous questions and situations
- Product intuition: youve honed the skill of identifying great design, user experience and providing feedback
- Business-first logic: you understand the business implications of decisions and can make clear recommendations to the organization
- Bias to action: you feel an urgency to unblock yourself and others to deliver great results for the organization
What do you stand to gain?
- A nearly unlimited room for career growth with support along the way
- The exciting opportunity to be part of building something extraordinary
- Competitive Salary
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.