We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Direct and coordinate worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, and restoration.
- Determine how to raise crops by evaluating factors such as disease, soil conditions, and the availability of federal programs
- Coordinate growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, and other related departments.
- Analyze market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
- Record information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Determine procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and transportation for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyze soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspect equipment to ensure proper functioning and ensures proper maintenance.
- Inspect fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Plan and direct development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Adapt their duties to the seasons, weather conditions, or a crop’s growing cycle
- Purchase machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tools, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
- Comply to farms standards and policies for e.g. health, safety, product quality, property and asset management and environment.
- Evaluate financial statements and makes budget proposals.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture or related field such as agricultural engineering, crop management, farm business management, horticulture, land/estate management.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Farming-related field
- A knowledge of food production and an awareness of customer demand, food standards and sustainability
- Sound understanding of cassava production, processing and the entire cassava value chain
- Genuine commitment to farming
- Good technical knowledge
- A good understanding of modern farming methods
- An understanding of the ways in which farming impacts the environment.
- Organizational and time-management skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Supervisory skills and management ability
- Numerical aptitude
- Willingness to be outside in all weathers and patience to undertake all sorts of practical, sometimes repetitive jobs
- Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
- Larger-scale business awareness
- Negotiation skills.
Remuneration: NGN 250,000 - 300,000 with accommodation.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.