Project Overview and Role:
NigeriaIntegrated Health Program is an integrated health program with an expandedeffort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapidscale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery andstrengthening of health systems. It will focus its support for service deliveryin six intervention areas: family planning, malaria, routine immunization,nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhoodpneumonia/diarrhea. It has a strong emphasis on monitoring, evaluation andlearning.
This program will work closely with state-levelgovernment officials to support established state-level Health and DevelopmentPlans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, andresults. Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts andwill be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels.Through agreements with individual states, its potential breadth is the entirecountry with an emphasis on the north.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
IHPis looking for Facility Management and Logistics Advisor to build capacity, mentor and monitor all commoditymanagement at the PHCs (pharmacy and laboratory commodities). This position must be a self-motivated doerwho is not afraid of hard work. Thisperson will capacity of Primary Healthcare Facilities to ensure commodities quality,availability, and requisition processes are sound and timely. This includes proper commoditiesquantification and forecasting to ensure appropriate stock control, monitoringflow of goods, logistical storage and secure handling of all health commodities. This also includes proper waste management, wastemanagement monthly reporting and disposal.
Thisposition will alignment efforts closely with The Global Health Supply Chain –Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
- Support all PHCs in increasing the accountability and transparency of Basic Healthcare Provision Funds (BHCPF) funds and Drug Revolving Funds (DRF).
- Develop and oversee mentorship strategies for all PHCs, in collaboration with the IHP HSS Coordinators to ensure all PHCs appropriately quantify commodities usage to anticipate and mitigate stockouts.
- Ensure quantification and stockout data is shared regularly with the Logistics Management Coordination Units and other State stakeholders and implementing partners (e.g. PSM and PQM+) involved in commodities supply chains.
- Ensure the commodities stockout tools is appropriately completed to provide evidence of the commodities situation.
- Ensure all commodities data collection tools are appropriately completed including: The daily consumption registers, inventory control cards are updated daily and ensure that data is shared with LMCUs and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with PSM, the IHP HSS Coordinators, the Officers in Charge and the PHC Providers to ensure the PSM-Drug Revolving Fund trainings are reinforced through regular training, mentoring and supportive supervision.
- Ensure the Environmental Mitigation Management Plan checklist is used at every IHP visit to PHCs to manage waste management (including safe disposal of needles, medical waste, and expired medicines in collaboration with GHSC-PSM).
- With the HSS Coordinators, support the logistical aspects of the PHC Makeover process, especially regarding the upgrade of the medical stores (this includes ensuring routine immunization/vaccine cold chain is accurate) for DRF eligibility.
- Pharmacist or Medical logistician technician
- 3-4 years of progressive experience in supply chain management
- Knowledge and experience working in the IHP supported states
- Experience working in community health
- Advocacy and negotiation expertise
- Capacity building experience training non-pharmacists to manage Primary Healthcare logistics
- Ability to utilize data to for strengthen supply chains
- Past work with the State, the public healthcare sector a plus
- Past work with USAID or a donor (e.g. DFID, UN system) also a plus
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.