Are you an experienced Linux and Database Administrator looking for an opportunity to advance your career? We are looking for a Linux and Relational Database Administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the Linux and Relational database infrastructure of a consulting company. If you are able to maintain a positive attitude even when everything goes wrong, if you are detail-oriented and self-motivated with a passion to improve your skills and knowledge, we have a perfect job for you!
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Configuring servers and databases, proactively maintaining and developing all Oracle-Linux infrastructure technology to achieve a 24x7/365 uptime service.
- A high level of GitHub experience is required.
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Maintain best practices in managing systems and services across all environments.
- Troubleshooting, analysis, and logging of information for reporting performance exceptions.
- Proactively monitoring system performance, tuning for system optimization, and capacity planning.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, and hotfixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware.
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar relevant degree;
- Previous working experience as DBA & Linux Administrator for not less than 3 years;
- Experience in Github and Relational Data Base Management System (RDBMS);
- In-depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat / Unix systems;
- Hands-on experience with MySQL;
- Expert in Python scripting;
- Be less than 30 years of age;
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE, LPIC, SQL, OCA, OCP) will be considered an advantage;
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills are required
Location: Must be willing to work in Lagos and, if the need arises, also in the Ibadan office of the company.
Remuneration: NGN 250,000 - 350,000 (depending on experience been brought to the table)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.