- Applying statistical and machine learning techniques to problems like customer or user segmentation, classification, and clustering to understand usage trends and drivers of satisfactions
- You will design experiments, analyze results, and produce actionable, trustworthy conclusions from them.
- Present findings and recommendations to key decision-makers at various management levels
- Drive innovation leveraging Data Science and Machine Learning, to experiment with and establish new ways of driving customer engagement by leveraging data – ultimately resulting in usage and satisfaction growth
- Engage with customers via public presentations and 1:1 meetings at all levels
- Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. in Data Science, Mathematics, Operational research, or related field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with data science, big data experience, and analytics in a business context.
- Experience with product and service big data telemetry systems
- Significant experience in Data Science and Machine Learning with a strong proven track record in delivering positive business impact
- Strong knowledge in applied statistics and mathematics
- Significant experience in analytical programming languages such as R and/or Python.
- Enjoy discovering and solving problems; proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; being a self-starter who takes responsibility when required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, visual, and presentation skills, ability to communicate complex findings in a simple manner to executives
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple businesses and engineering teams
- A willingness to learn, share and improve.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.