· Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
· Cook food in various utensils or grillers.
· Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
· Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
· Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
· Check quality of ingredients.
· Monitor stock and notify Chef of shortages.
· Ensuring all kitchen equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
Skills and Qualifications
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience as Cook.
· Minimum of OND in relevant field.
· Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware (e.g. slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors etc.)
· Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.).
· Ability to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals.
· Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
· Ability to work in a team.
· Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards.
· Very good communication skills.
· Excellent physical condition and stamina
· Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
· Candidate must be resident in Delta State or willing to relocate.