- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain a competitive advantage
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals, and timelines
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Ensure developments and projects are well documented in line with best standards
- Help departments and the organization use technology efficiently and profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance across spectra
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to products
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with industry and regulatory security guidelines.
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Minimum 8+ years overall experience with significant leadership expertise, 4+ as an engineer, 4+ as an engineering leader.
- 4 years at leadership level in a Fintech environment
- Substantial experience as a senior “hands-on” lead running a fast-paced environment for an industry-leading product, developing coding methods, architecture, and execution.
- Experience building out a financial portal in a regulated environment.
- Entrepreneurial DNA: Experience and comfort starting from square 1 and selecting team, partners, and vendors to achieve development and business goals
- Must be familiar with security standards and procedures necessary when dealing with sensitive personal financial information and regulated environments.
- Full-Stack developer at some point in a career.
- Knowledge of technological trends to build a strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Proactive and collaborative working style
- Backend: core Java 8 skills, Liferay 6+, Sprint 4+, WSDL, JAX-RS SQL, Hibernate, JDBC, Rest service, Ajax (JQuery/Dojo), HTML/CSS, HTML5 SOAP services, Unit tests with JUnit,
- SpringBoot is a plus, OCJP is a plus.
- Team Development Tools: GIT, Jira, Confluence
Salary & Benefits: Competitive salary