The job holder will ensure equipment is in perfect operating condition at all site locations. Also, create the service ecosystem of repair and maintenance skills, tools & spare parts.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:15 years
- Study each equipment in the Micromec range to master every technical detail – overall assembly, micro assemblies, fabricated items, components, strength of material, load limits, equipment operation, speeds, rpm, power consumption, operating temperatures, versatility of operations, etc.
- Research each crop and develop in-depth knowledge of field conditions including type of plants, soil structure, rocks, soil clods, chemicals, climatic conditions of rain, humidity, temperature, dust, etc.
- Travel extensively across growing areas in focus states and study the behavioral practices of owners & operators of the equipment with respect to operation, maintenance, storage, transport, etc. capture such insights right & wrong practices. Develop holistic training programs for owners, operators, service providers, service partners & franchisees.
- For each equipment, prepare step-by-step procedures for installation and commissioning. Ensure strict adherence to these procedures to ensure successful installation and performance at site for each equipment. Train the customer & operators in correct practices of operation & maintenance.
- Similarly, prepare a detailed guide for routine and preventive maintenance in consultation with the Engineering Manager. Prepare & facilitate the execution of a systematic protocol for breakdowns.
- Build a strong technical team of service engineers & mechanics and instill in them a firm commitment towards culture of service excellence. Inculcate values of customer centricity, customer first and customer satisfaction.
- Design and implement a regimented protocol of identifying, recording & reporting customer pain points, complaints, grievances, feedback & suggestions. Conduct the root cause analysis with the Engineering Manager, Sales Manager & Logistics Manager. Prepare & execute the compliant redressal action plan as well as follow up, statistical analysis and permanent resolution.
- Ensure periodic follow up for reinforcement of operating & maintenance practices among all actors.
- Create and implement the Equipment Service Strategy & Action Plan encompassing installation & commissioning, equipment performance review & maintenance, follow up periodicity, internal accountability, Network of Service Partners, accessibility to internal and channel inventory of spare parts, distance between site and nearest service point, reaction time, escalation plans, etc.
- Identify suitable mechanics, workshops, entrepreneurs, etc. in strategic locations and appoint them as Equipment Service Partners to enable fastest response time with full familiarity and capability.
- Develop the comprehensive Service Partner techno-commercial business model comprising of capability through training, tools & equipment, jigs & fixtures, spares inventory, service tariffs, etc.
- Support Sales Team with field trials, demonstrations & training as & when required at site locations.
- Support Engineering Manager with precise inputs in drafting the operation & maintenance manuals.
- For high activity periods of specific crops and growing areas such as planting & harvest, develop seasonal service programs comprising of communication, training camps and spare parts adequacy.
- Provide full support to the development of workshop including site selection, infrastructure, tools, equipment, accessibility, manpower, servicing capabilities, utilities, local sourcing, etc.
- Develop skills within the service team to repair equipment outside of Micromec range in order to support the agricultural sector in equipment like tractors, ploughs, etc.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in servicing agricultural equipment.
- Degree / Diploma in Engineering
- Specialization or added qualification in agricultural mechanization preferable.
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Gas Welding, Arc Welding, Engine & Motor Assembly, Transformer, Lubrication, Machine Tooling
- Ensure successful installation & commissioning of the equipment.
- Ensure all stakeholders are fully trained in operation, repair, maintenance & safety.
- Execute a comprehensive spares program encompassing criticality and availability.
- Create a network of servicing partners within a defined time/distance range.