The Technical Advisor supports the SKYE and Resilience projects in:
- Achieving the project objectives, by ensuring that the advisory services to partners and the capacity development of partners support achieving these objectives (in areas such as training implementation, private sector partnerships, career guidance, sensitization, and network development).
- Ensuring that results of SKYE interventions are backed up by reliable data, well documented, and visualized.
- Developing proposals for additional interventions that support skills development and employment promotion.
- Independently plans, designs, prepares, organizes, coordinates, and implements interventions and activities e.g. training, seminars and workshops, budgets, networking events, linkages, awareness and sensitization campaigns.
- Supports the identification of consultants and trainers, drafting of ToRs and oversees the quality control of the performance of national and international consultants
- Provides strategic, operational and other technical support to stakeholders and partners on federal, state and local levels
- Assists and monitors the development and implementation of SKYE plans and activities relating to her portfolio, in close consultation with counterparts to ensure quality and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
- Supports and takes responsibility for the achievement of any other task as needed and assigned by the management
- Identifies synergies (with internal and external stakeholders) and promotes as well as coordinates activities with stakeholders and partners
1. Knowledge management
- Ensures knowledge transfer of relevant information to the unit or programme
- Documents and adequately labels all relevant files for future use on the relevant servers (SKYE DMS, MS Teams Rooms, GIZ Nigeria)
- Prepares appropriate input for various unit/ programme reports including annual reports, presentations and contributes to the other reports required by the programme.
- Assesses and analysis of existing interventions in the country to support strategic decision-making and advisory services for partners.
- Provides relevant data and other input into the Projects’ Monitoring and Evaluation systems.
- Provides relevant data and input in support of the implementation of both projects’ Communication Strategies and Plans.
2. General management tasks
- Facilitates preparation, conducting and documenting internal meetings and meetings with partners / external stakeholders.
- Assists in keeping track of the processes and actions required.
- The Technical Advisor may be assigned other tasks as required by the projects.
3. Specific tasks in relation to SKYE
- Promote SKYE objectives and support the translation of pilot learning into policy advice for reform of the existing policy framework on Vocational Training and Active Labour Market Policy, and facilitate translation of the project activities in Federal and/or State level plans within existing national public-private / private-private sector platforms and programmes
- Establish and facilitate partnerships between the private sector and training institutions to ensure the delivery of demand-oriented skills development, with a specific focus on establishing and sustaining training in the new trade Electrical and Solar PV Installation and Maintenance in consonance with a new National Occupational Standard (NOS) currently under development.
- Collect and disseminate good practise examples on the Federal and State level to foster the knowledge exchange between all stakeholders.
- Schedule and participate in coordination meetings and perform the functions of the SKYE focal point in Adamawa for coordination with other partners piloting the new trade above, namely GIZ Resilience, GIZ NESP, AHK.
- Responsible for up-scaling GIZ Nigeria piloted training interventions, as well as the development and implementation of further pilot programmes for new agriculture/agro-processing related occupational standards.
- Develop a network of competent non-State actors as implementation partners for Grant Agreements, PPPs or other forms of cooperation. Prepare, monitor and support the effective cooperation with selected cooperation partners.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Degree in technical areas such as Electrical Engineering or in Education, Social sciences or in a similar area; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience with national and international organisations, private sector companies or government institutions in the field of vocational education and training.
- Work experience in technical vocational training, as an instructor, teacher or in-company supervisor in electrical trades and house wiring – or as a training centre administrator.
- Proven excellent knowledge of the English and Hausa, both oral and written, knowledge of additional local languages will be an asset
- Proven analytical, conceptional and organizational skills
- Computer literacy with a good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email communication and online research capabilities)
- Willingness to strengthen skills and competencies as required by the task to be performed in line with measures agreed with the supervisor and management
- Willingness to travel to the field and other programmes offices in Nigeria
- Good communication skills and networking abilities with public and private stakeholders.
- A good team player who is willing to take on the responsibility
Duty station• Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria with regular travel within Adamawa State, and other SKYE locations in Nigeria
GIZ Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted