The SQL Reports Database Developer will be primarily responsible for creating basic to complex reports for our core business application. Below are a summary of the job function
- Utilize SSRS (Reporting Services) to design and generate complex user/business reports.
- Extract data and create reports from a database or a data warehouse using Microsoft SQL database technologies.
- Design and develop business intelligence solutions based on Microsoft database technologies.
- Consult with end-users teams to assess their reporting needs.
- Generate custom ETL scripts using SSIS. .
- Optimize the existing code base of stored procedures and functions.
- Define functional reporting specifications.
- Analyze stated requirements for new extractions and reports and perform the system design and programming to meet the requirements.
- Work with external business partners to implement data extractions.
- Create user documentation, instructions, training materials and procedure documents as it relates to 3rd party usage of database objects.
- This position may also perform other duties as required to meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
- SQL Server Reporting Services experience (2008R2/2012/2014).
- Proven Experience with Large Databases.
- Secondary skills include: Strong experience writing T-SQL stored procedures, user defined functions and ad hoc SQL queries is an added advantage..
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks with little supervision.
- Proven proficiency with database, reporting, and analytical tools.
- Ability to learn new concepts and absorb information quickly.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.